Create a Global Name
This guide will help users to create a Global Name using the Nexus Interface. Before we start to create a Global Name, users need to be familiar with the concept and usage.
Global Names require no username or namespace prefix, and are therefore globally unique. These will be likely reserved for use cases where a succinct, unique, name is necessary, for example a token ticker symbol. To avoid needless name-squatting, global names attract a high fee (
Creating a Global name will incur a fee of 2000 NXS. The fees will be deducted from the default account.
The best use-case of a Global name will be as token tickers. With the P2P marketplace, this will be a very helpful to have a global ticker for the token, which will make it easy to list and also to be easily recognised by users.
Tokens can be traded without a global name, but they will be addressed by the register address which is not recommended, as it will not be easily distinguished by users.
In this field the user provides the global name to be created.
In this field the user provides the register address of the token that will be linked to the global name.
To create a Name using the Interface follow the steps:
- Open the Nexus Interface, make sure the wallet is fully synched and log into the user account (Sigchain).
- In the Overview page, at the bottom click on the "User" module. This opens the User page.
- In the User page, on the left side click on the "Names" tab.
- In the Names page click on "Create a new name". This opens the Create a new name page.
- On top of the page make sure the "GLOBAL" button is highlighted, if not click on it.
- In this page the user has to provide the "Name" and the "register address" to which it points .
- Once the parameters are provided, click on the "CREATE NAME" button on the bottom of the page.